Lip Blushing, also called Full Lip Colour is a borderless full lip coloring treatment. There is no defined line and the colour is blended around the whole lip using Permanent Makeup Pigments (PMU).
PMU are colored liquids that the skin retains for a period of time, and the body eventually breaks down and absorbs. This is the main difference between permanent makeup pigments and tattoo ink; ink cannot be broken down, so it remains in the skin forever, although its color might change. PMUs minimize the issue of color change but do require periodic touchups.
A Permanent Lip Treatment Can Dramatically Improve:
- Lip Definition
- Loss of color from the aging process
- Darkening of color due to smoking
- Thin Lips
- Ashy Color
This treatment is best for someone who has little to no natural lip pigment, uneven lips, discoloration, someone that would like to change their natural lip color tone or simply have a semi-permanent beautiful aesthetic cutting down on your daily makeup regimen.
Selecting the right PMU
Permanent Makeup Pigment (PMU)
An important factor that determines the longevity, color, and overall attractiveness of PMU results are the pigments used. That’s why it’s extremely important for both potential clients and artists to be thoroughly informed about the different types of pigments, their ingredients, how they heal, and so on.
Essentially, you want your practitioner to use the best PMU available. Top of the line PMUs that cover perfectly and lead to flawless results. Click Here to learn more about PMUs and the tools used to apply them.
The initial consultation regarding the shape and color of your choice. Its best to bring your everyday lipstick with you to ensure the best matched to the color you are most comfortable with. If you want a liner, please bring that as well.
Included in the consultation will be a review of your medical history. This includes skin allergies and healing issues. Your lips are examined to allow for the creation of a treatment plan to achieve the look of your choice. You will also get instructions in preparation for lip blushing color treatment.
How its Done
The first step is to apply a topical anesthetic to help with any discomfort. As the client, you are in control of your procedure. Moving forward with the session is completely dependent on your approval as well as approval by your practitioner. As part of the session, you will also discuss type of permanent makeup you will use, either lip stain or full lips.
Lip Stain: For those who just want the appearance of that “just bitten” look an opaque/sheer lip stain may be right for you. This is also ideal for men who just want a subtle brightening effect on their lips. It’s perfect for the au naturale type of girl, who just wants a boost of color to the lips.
Full Lips: If your goal is fuller lips a Full Lip treatment does wonder. Permanent makeup can create fuller-looking lips far more effectively than fillers can. It is the only thing that can effectively correct asymmetry. A “Full Lip” treatment is a combination of lip liner and lip color. The use of a soft lip liner can redefine the shape of lips and corrections in asymmetry and shape.
Important: If you get cold sores or have ever had one in the past you will need an antiviral prescription from your doctor before a lip procedure. Physicians usually instruct to take it 2 days before.
You should also be aware of the following contraindications (exclusionary conditions):
Getting PMU lips is not safe for you if:
- Are under 18
- Are pregnant or nursing
- Are undergoing chemotherapy
- Have hemophilia
- Have major heart problems or a pacemaker
- Have had an organ transplant
- Have uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have diabetes (consult your doctor, it may be possible)
- Have psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, or another skin condition in the area
- Have an auto-immune disease (consult your doctor, it may be possible)
- Have anemia (pigment may not be retained properly)
- Have a history of keloid scarring or hypertrophic scarring
- Have a history of cold sores
- Take blood-thinning medication
- Take Accutane or steroids
Full lip color treatment is an outpatient procedure, so you can go home immediately after the treatment
Although there is no downtime or recovery period, the patient will need to follow certain routines.
On the first day it’s typical to expect bruising on the lips for the first few hours. Food and drinks will be allowed one hour after the full lip color treatment. Cleaning the lips with damp cotton every half an hour will be necessary.
On the second day bruising can also be expected. Also continue to keep the lips moisturized all the time. Certain physical activities will be prohibited during the first week after the full lip color procedure.
Avoid These Activities
for 14 days after the Service
Lip Blush post-care is very important to the appearance and longevity of your new lips. Read these post care instructions carefully:
Immediately following the procedure lips may appear swollen and bright in color. They will feel dry, chapped, tight and tender to the touch.
For 4 hours after treatment, apply light pressure on lips with a clean paper towel, to remove any lymph. After 4 hours, start applying ointment (Aquaphor) as needed to keep lips constantly moist
No kissing, rubbing or friction on treatment area
– Apply ointment on lips several times a day. Keep lips moist at all times.
– Avoid oily, spicy and heavily seasoned food and drink with a straw.
– After every meal gently rinse and clean lips with water and pat dry, then re-apply ointment.
Between these days is when the peeling process occurs. And color will lighten by 30%-50%.
Do not pick or rub your lips and let the peeling happen naturally. Continue keeping your lips moist!
Lips are done peeling, color is light. You may return to normal routines. Lips will continue to heal for up to 6 weeks. Every week color enhance color will surface. To get the best color at the end of the healing process, it is important to continue to keep lips moist
Your lips are healed and you’re feeling unstoppable!!! Cleopatra would be jealous. Just add some lip gloss and go! In most cases it requires two treatments to complete the lip transformation.
The following must be avoided during all 14 days post treatment:
- Increased sweating
- Practicing sports
- Hot sauna, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
- Sun tanning or salon tanning
- Exposure to UV/UVA Rays or chemicals as they have been known to cause a shift in color and premature fading
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic acid on the treatment area
- Touching of the treatment area except for when applying the post-care ointment with a cotton swab
- Picking, peeling, or scratching of the treatment area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris
- Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
- Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
If you have any unexpected problems with the healing of the skin, please contact Reflections Health and Med Spa immediately, to discuss further instructions.
And Get to Know Each Other!
At Reflections we know that “trust” goes a long way. Let us work with you to achieve a powerful bond and start you on the path to the future you.
To start it off right, let’s meet to discuss your skincare goals. You’ll get to ask all your questions and feel confident and secure that you are on the right path to the future YOU.