What are the two bits of advice you’ll get from a good dermatologist? First, wear a sunscreen and second try a retinoid.
Sunscreen is so ubiquitous, but their ingredients vary significantly. To be sure that your choice is a good one there is a great non-profit website, Www.Ewg.Org, where the ingredients of over 160,000 products have been rated for their health, safety and product transparency. Check it our and let us know what you think.
- Retinol slows down the dermal layer aging process
- Our skin turns over and regenerates every 28 days until you reach your mid 30s. But after that, skin turnover slows down to every 50-60 or 70 days, which leads to drier, duller, more wrinkled skin.
- While applied topically, its effect goes down into the deeper skin layers. Retinol targets skin at a cellular level, sinking into your skin and speeding up cell turnover to help your body generate fresher, smoother, younger feeling skin. That’s pretty exciting!
Once in this middle layer of skin, retinol helps neutralize free radicals to boost the production of elastin and collagen. This creates a “plumping” and exfoliating effect. This helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and enlarged pores as well as further improve texture and tone.
- Retinol also increases collagen production, which is responsible for smoothing, firming, plumping, and strengthening your skin. This not only protects yourself from forming new wrinkles, but it also treats the ones you already have.
- Beyond wrinkles it also exfoliates at the cellular level, retinol also reveals brighter, smoother skin, evens out your complexion fading dark spots, sun spots, hyperpigmentation, and acne scars. And last but not least, retinol treats acne by regulating oily skin and keeping pores from clogging. Know that the popular oral acne medication Accutane is an oral retinoid.
- Beware of quality
- Pay attention to the ingredients – Many conventional retinoid products are stabilized with preservatives including parabens and BHT, which have been associated with harmful health effects.
- Clean retinols, however, use plants that are rich in vitamin A to achieve a high retinol content – and never preserve their formulas with parabens or BHT.
So, there you have it, Nurani’s Retinol Facial Cleanser is great addition to your daily skincare regimen. An amazing water-based product that addresses the many factors that age your skin.