Microshading brows is sometimes referred to as powder brows or ombre brows. It has more of a powdery, soft, drawn outlook than microblading.
To prepare for microshading brows , you should avoid the following:
- alcohol, caffeine, ibuprofen, and fish oil 24 hours before the procedure to prevent bruising and bleeding.
- waxing or plucking eyebrows 1 week before the procedure.
- facials at least 2 weeks before treatment.
- sunbathing and tanning beds on the day of the procedure.
- retinol or vitamin A products 1 month before the procedure.
An initial consultation, by a licensed technician, will be held, where you’ll discuss how natural or bold you want your eyebrows to look. This analysis takes into account several factors including your natural eyebrow color, your skin tone and other facial features to determine what will best complement your face.
The technician will use an eyebrow pencil to create an outline of your desired brow shape and confirm the ‘plan’ in detail with you before proceeding.
Once the first eyebrow is done your provider will apply the pigment over the entire eyebrow and let it set while they repeat the process on the second eyebrow.
When the entire process is done, the technician will remove the unneeded pigment to reveal thicker, fuller, more precisely shaped eyebrows.
It usually takes 7 to 14 days for the pigment to settle into the outermost layer of skin and for that skin to heal. However, deeper layers of the epidermis continue to rebuild for several weeks after the procedure.
During the healing process, your technician will give you instructions on how to care for your eyebrows to get the best results including the following:
- Avoid picking at or scratching the eyebrows as the skin scabs and flakes off. While the area may be itchy, scratching can make it susceptible to bacteria and infection.
- Keep the eyebrows dry, which means limiting exposure to sweat and water from the shower or swimming pool.
- Avoid sun exposure.
- Keep makeup, serums, moisturizers and other cosmetics off the eyebrows.
- Avoid facial scrubs or peels.
At the end of your first session your provider will schedule a follow-up visit to refine the work in 3 to 4 weeks.
After that a touchup should be planned after 1-2 years to keep your eyebrows extremely good and attractive.
And Get to Know Each Other!
At Reflections we know that “trust” goes a long way. Let us work with you to achieve a powerful bond and start you on the path to the future you.
To start it off right, let’s meet to discuss your skincare goals. You’ll get to ask all your questions and feel confident and secure that you are on the right path to the future YOU.